Saturday, August 31, 2013

Journal from the battlefield; Tales of the ever swinging ES Futures

Hey everyone :tiphat:



Through this journal it is my intention first and foremost to keep track of my progress. Besides that I will discuss and reflect on psychology, strategy and backtesting, and my interest in fallacies.



Over the past weeks I have dived into the S&P futures market yet again, after 4-5 months of strict focus on the forex markets(which I still update on my blog).



I used to try and swing trade the ES futures on tick charts - with trades lasting on average a few minutes. Back then I felt rather certain that I was just about to have my breakthrough, that my equity curve would start rising somewhat consistently. This didn't happen however, and I would often have a small win one day just to have a small loss the next - overall a progress that seemed somewhat arbitrary.



Things that worked well 'back then' :



-Slavishly keeping to trading plan(see my blog)



Things that presented difficulty :



-Being to eager to close trades(limiting risk too much)



by supertramp via InformedTrades

No comments:

Post a Comment